COSINE Workshop on
Embedded Systems Education & Training
Athens, June 5th, 2008
Europe boasts itself as a region particularly strong in Embedded Systems and Embedded Systems Research at the university level. With the advent of ARTEMIS Europe is now also well positioned in the area of industrial research.
But how sure can we be that these strengths are sustainable?
Much will depend that pan-European challenges for Embedded Systems education and training are correctly identified and tackled. The COSINE workshop in Athens will focus particularly on policies for an improved education and training on Embedded Systems in Europe. The workshop will address a pan-European perspective, but also emphasize the role of the member states.
- Focus: Policies for pan-European Embedded Systems Education and Training
- Format: Expert presentations and discussions about
- - Industry needs
- - Issues for small and medium-sized enterprises
- - Market aspects
- - Pan-European education and training requirements
- Outcome: Position paper on Embedded Systems Education in Europe: The role of the EU and its member states
- Date: Thursday 5th June 2008 9:00 - 15:00
- Fresh Hotel Athens www.freshhotel.gr
- 26 Sophocleous & Klisthenous St.
- 105 52 Athens, Greece
- phone: +30 210 5248511
- fax: +30 210 5248517
- Participation is free of charge.
- Language: English
- Workshop Programme:
|9:00 - 9:30||Registration, Coffee, Networking|
|9:30 - 12:00||Morning Sessions|
|Identification of the Key Competences Needed in the Domain of ES in France|
(Jean-Luc Dermoy, CEA, France)
|Embedded Systems Education in Hungary|
(David Pap, National Office for Research and Technology, Hungary)
|The Embedded Systems Industry in Israel and its Training Capabilities|
(Aviv Zeevi Balasiano, ISERD, Israel)
|Use of FPGA and Soft Processor Cores in Education of Embedded Systems in CZ Postgraduate Programs (Jiri Kadlec, Martin Danek, UTIA Prague, Czech republic)|
|Embedded Systems Education in Belgium|
(Filip Van Isacker, IWT Flanders)
|Overview of ES skills/training in the UK|
(Richard Foggie, UK Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform)
|Experience In Searching Qualified Personnel For an Embedded Company in Greece (Kelly Nasi, Dynesys SA, Greece)|
|12:00 - 12:30||Buffet Lunch|
|12:30 - 14:30||Afternoon Sessions and Discussions|
|Embedded Systems Education in Sweden|
(Nabiel Elshiewy, VINNOVA, Sweden)
|Research in SMEs: Required skills and challenges|
(Gregory Doumenis, Hellenic Semiconductor Industry Association, Greece)
|Introduction to the Austrian ES education|
(Martin Marek, eutema Technology Management GmbH, Austria)
|Discussion, exchange of views, recommendations|
- Registration form here.
- Participants will have an opportunity to present their experiences, needs and views.
- Workshop is organized by COSINE 2 Project
- ( COSINE 2 brings together policy makers from national authorities and research agencies funding the national Embedded systems research, including ARTEMIS and EUREKA calls. )
- Contact person:
- Jiri Kadlec
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: +420 2 6605 2216
- Fax : +420 2 6605 2511
- Workshop follows the ARTEMIS general assembly meeting in Athens 4th June 08.
- Useful links:
- COSINE2 project
- ARTEMISIA Association
- ARTEMIS programme for Embedded Systems R&D in Europe
- ARTEMIS Joint Undertaking
- ARTEMIS 1st Call for proposals