Strategies for Improving European Embedded System Education & Training
COSINE2 Expert Workshop
Prague, April 21st, 2009
Embedded Systems often are technology enablers for new areas as well as dynamic accelerators in more traditional industries. This is why several countries have started Embedded Systems programmes and why the European Commission and member states support an JTI Artemis in this field. Also, European members states should not stop their national Embedded System research programmes. This however poses the question for their co-ordination and co-operation with each other and with measures at EU level or internationally.
Based on these topics and expert discussions, a Joint draft of position paper concerning European ES RTD education and training will be discussed. This text will be disseminated in the relevant ministries, to EC services, as well as in the ARTEMISIA University/Research Chamber.
- Focus: Joint draft of position paper concerning European ES RTD education and training
- Format: Expert presentations followed by discussions
- Date: Tuesday 21st April 2009, 14:15 - 15:15
- Clarion Congress Hotel Prague
- Freyova 33
- 190 00 Prague 9 - Vysocany
- phone: +420 211 131 125-39
- Participation is free of charge.
- Registration (please, send an e-mail)
- Workshop is organized by COSINE 2 Project
- ( COSINE 2 brings together policy makers from national authorities and research agencies funding the national Embedded systems research, including ARTEMIS and EUREKA calls. )
- Contact person: Jiri Kadlec, UTIA AV CR, v.v.i.
- Tel.: +420 2 6605 2216
- Fax : +420 2 6605 2511
- Workshop is one of side-meetings linked to the FET 2009 Conference in Prague 21 - 23 April 2009
- Useful links:
- COSINE2 project
- ARTEMISIA Association
- ARTEMIS programme for Embedded Systems R&D in Europe
- ARTEMIS Joint Undertaking